Beaver Blast

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Beaver Blast

Postby Charlie K » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Beaver Blast is October 7-8-2017 . Race flyer is on Beaver Springs Raceway Facebook page . I'm not savvy enough to transfer it . $2000.00 TO WIN , Always a fun time .
Charlie K

Re: Beaver Blast

Postby frank byrd » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:59 pm

We where the about three years ago it was a great time ! By the time we where done we had raced so much I did not want to even look at the cars for a while lol ! we are going to it this year again ! So who all is going this year.
frank byrd

Postby Ten5TireDad » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:28 pm

Last year was a disaster. Rained all day Saturday, and they refused to cancel it, so the only thing that touched the track was the tractor. Everyone that paid entry got stiffed if you had more than one spectator and only one driver. If both parents paid, you only received a credit for one on Sunday. The concession stand was closed by 11:00am, and essentially you paid to sit in the rain. There was scoreboard and timing issues on Sunday, and it seemed like coin toss decisions were made with each problem, and they refused to allow reruns for any issues.
It was a fun race for a lot of years, especially when Hoopla's did all of the give away's for the kids. The car count has been dropping in the last 4-5 years, and now that Bob sold the track this might be the last year for it
Ten5TireDad

Postby supgas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:19 pm

we will be there entering every race possible , j/d , atv , and junior st , this looks like our last Beaver Blast as Shannon 'DICE GIRL' wants to start a new chapter of racing , we will have to see . always enjoy the Beav . Shannons car is listed for sale in classifieds , appreciate any leeds to sell complete set up . Jim Fordyce . Hope the weather is perfect
supgas

Postby hank622 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 pm

I'm sure this race is here to stay...even with the new owner. Mike is a great guy. As far as car count goes when we won the race in 2015 there was 96 cars in the money race. Last year the count was down but the weather was horrible. So if the weather is good this year I'm sure there will be a great turn out. $60 entry for the chance of winning $2000 I'm in. We are ready and can't wait. Hope to see everyone there!
2016 IHRA DIVISION 3 BRACKET FINALS CHAMPION
hank622

Postby Ten5TireDad » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:44 pm

The 2016 Saturday weather was horrible, but Sunday was incredible. 2015 was a great weekend, and even late Sunday night it was cold, but tolerable. I think it was 2013 when it was postponed for 2 weeks because the original date had rain in the forecast? It didn't get out of the 30's from what I remember, and the car count was still probably doubled of the last 2 years? There was no Outlaw race last year, so that's less cars. Look at the parking areas, the right side had always been packed, and you could practically turn a tractor trailer around in there without having to worry about hitting anything, and behind the bleachers was barely used the last 2 years. I can remember there being trailers parked side by side along the main road on either side of the house, the middle behind the tower packed, and then the ares along the treeline being used.
I've talked with multiple people who have gone there (some first timers, others multiple years) and for one reason or another have decided to not go back. I'm not going to get into specifics of the reasoning, but they all have their reasons and I agree with some. Maybe it's run it's course, maybe it hasn't? I know not to go and pay entry if there's a chance of rain because for the expense it's not worth watching a tractor make a few passes on the track, and if you want something beside what you brought to eat you're out of luck.
Ten5TireDad

Postby Charlie K » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:04 am

Weather according to Accuweather , looks great with only a 25% chance of rain both days and Temps in the low 80's . Hope to see everybody this weekend for a great time . Saturday is $ 2000.00 to win and 500 runner up with only a $60 dollar entry and $30 buy back into 2nd round. Ironman race on Sunday .
Charlie K

Postby supgas » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:04 pm

Great times this weekend at the Beav , actually had to run the a/c it was so warm , 40 trips down the track in one weekend .Good luck Beaver Bob , Thanks for the memories .
supgas

Postby Charlie K » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:44 am

Great time also , 74 juniors made first round , not counting ATV'S and TCR . Weather was near perfect . Run smoothly , was assured not the last Beaver Blast !!! Thank you Beaver Bob and Marty for a great weekend !
Charlie K

Postby Ten5TireDad » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Charlie K wrote:Great time also , 74 juniors made first round , not counting ATV'S and TCR . Weather was near perfect .

hank622 wrote: As far as car count goes when we won the race in 2015 there was 96 cars in the money race. Last year the count was down but the weather was horrible. So if the weather is good this year I'm sure there will be a great turn out. $60 entry for the chance of winning $2000 I'm in.

Excellent weather for both days, but car count was down again. I just think it's drawing less and less because of how it's promoted. We have always referred to it as the race where you just bring a lot of cash, because everything once you're in the gate is extra.
You can't just show up and hand $60 for the race. You have to buy an all day test and tune card for $25 that's only going to give you 2 shots. I don't understand how all day and 2 are equal? You're in for $85 immediately, plus the parent entry, at a minimum it's $100 through the gate for a chance at $2,000. That is far from $60 before you read the fine print.
How many people were left when they ran the moms on Sunday? The guys working the tree were grabbing dads for touching the car even if the front tire had just passed the blue cone during time trials. Competition sure, but during the "all day/2 time run only" part? Even in Bristol right up until first round as long as it wasn't pre staged you were able to just about set tires pressure right at the line, but here you can't? Even with the great weather the concession stand was closed early again.
This was a good race for a lot of years, maybe it'll get back to what it once was, maybe it won't? Guess everyone will have to wait and see what next year and new ownership does for it?
Ten5TireDad

Postby supgas » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:55 pm

Actually the $25 for test and tune got you into an all age race after the 2k race ,so it was a pretty good deal .
supgas

Return to Discussion Board