Re: Fatal jr. Dragster crash

Postby birdboy » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 am

My best friends have paws
birdboy

Postby poissant » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:48 am

birdboy wrote:saw this link on another site

https://www.facebook.com/owen.ducker.1/ ... 254550390/

Yep saw that Fred so sad, prayers sent for the family's healing.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby jrdragstermom » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:55 am

Has there been any kind of findings on this accident yet? Has anyone heard anything?
jrdragstermom

Postby Pool Man » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Nothing official. Just speculations
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby Ben Bear » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Anyone hear anything yet???
Marlin & Benjamin
2014 Eastern Conference Finals Runner Up (12 Year Old)
2016 Eastern Conference Finals Best Appearing
ImageIMG_5720 resize signature by Marlin Spotts, on Flickr
Ben Bear

Postby slowgoat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes, they know exactly what happened and it was nothing to do with the safety of the car.
slowgoat

Postby Ben Bear » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm

Ok, I guess....
Marlin & Benjamin
2014 Eastern Conference Finals Runner Up (12 Year Old)
2016 Eastern Conference Finals Best Appearing
ImageIMG_5720 resize signature by Marlin Spotts, on Flickr
Ben Bear

Postby simoncope » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:47 pm

slowgoat wrote:Yes, they know exactly what happened and it was nothing to do with the safety of the car.

Neither the coroner nor ANDRA have completed their investigations or announced anything yet so it's a bit early to make any claims about the car.
simoncope

Postby mrhockey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:00 pm

simoncope wrote:
slowgoat wrote:Yes, they know exactly what happened and it was nothing to do with the safety of the car.

That is pure speculation. Neither the coroner nor ANDRA have completed their investigations or announced anything yet.

Thank you for clearing that up. Forgive me I cant imagine how hard it must be but if she had a preexisting condition that caused her to pass that is very sad but if not, something in that crash caused the little lady to pass away from the impact whether she was struck by something or she had a neck injury. I am guessing they would want to share the results to end the speculation after all the outpouring of love and support from the junior community. Please keep is posted. Thank you.
http://www.marschanmotorsports.com
Dealer for:
DJ Safety
NecksGen
ISP
mrhockey

Postby slowgoat » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:38 pm

simoncope wrote:

Neither the coroner nor ANDRA have completed their investigations or announced anything yet so it's a bit early to make any claims about the car.

They may not have completed their investigation, but the cause is definitely known
It was a problem with the way the Armco? Guardrail was layed out on the turnoff, when she crashed a portion of it went
through her face-mask. I will say no more than that.
slowgoat

Postby simoncope » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 am

slowgoat wrote:
simoncope wrote:

They may not have completed their investigation, but the cause is definitely known
It was a problem with the way the Armco? Guardrail was layed out on the turnoff, when she crashed a portion of it went
through her face-mask. I will say no more than that.

I witnessed the incident and I can assure you that is 100% false.
simoncope

Postby mrhockey » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:21 am

Neither the coroner nor ANDRA have completed their investigations or announced anything yet so it's a bit early to make any claims about the car.[/quote]

through her face-mask. I will say no more than that.[/quote]

I witnessed the incident and I can assure you that is 100% false.[/quote]

Wow.
http://www.marschanmotorsports.com
Dealer for:
DJ Safety
NecksGen
ISP
mrhockey

Postby Pool Man » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:08 am

I know that this is a subject that is dear to everyone. I would ask that no one speculate on what has happened until an official cause of death has been announced. No matter if you have a "good source" or not. Please wait for the official results.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby JustDoug » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Speculation is hurtful not only to the family but all those in our tight knit community.
Before commenting consider the impact on everyone.
As Simon said the results of the investigation will be made clear to everyone once the final report is tabled.

Everyone is passionate about our sport, but please don't let it be misguided.
Thanks Poolman :-)
JustDoug

Postby BlueLineRacing » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:26 pm

I agree that speculation is wrong, and the investigation should be thorough and complete....However, if there is something we as parents should be aware of in order to prevent the same thing from happening to our children....they should really let us know something.
BlueLineRacing

Postby WOLFRACING » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

BlueLineRacing wrote:I agree that speculation is wrong, and the investigation should be thorough and complete....However, if there is something we as parents should be aware of in order to prevent the same thing from happening to our children....they should really let us know something.

What do you hope to learn from a single incident? Statistically speaking, this sport proves to be particularly safe for our kids considering what they are able to do. The things we KNOW are that very few kids are seriously hurt or killed in our sport. Training reduces incidents. Proper track setup is vital to safety. And, there are no guarantee of anything. Particularly with a kid's first runs. This is a very sad situation. But it is not representative of what usually happens in our sport.
WOLFRACING

Postby RNorton » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:39 pm

I beg to differ, we've learned a lot from fatalities caused by one off incidences such as Scott Kalitta, Eric Medlin and Dale Earnhardt.

How many lives were saved by the loss and aftermath of these three people?
RNorton

Postby Ten5TireDad » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:37 am

In reality none have been saved because they were just that "one off" incidents.
Let's see with Kalitta they learned that an engine will suck it's own oil in and continue to run, and hitting the sand at speed has serious implications. Never happened before, never happened since.
Eric Medlin they found a once in a lifetime oscillation that made his brain a milkshake and they implimented pads for something that never happened before, or since.
Dale Earnhardt it continues to happen just as before, but it's a reminder to always stay buckled in while on the racing surface.
Let's now discuss Darrel Russel. never before had a wing strut broken and pierced a persons skull and brain, and not since has that happened, yet there is a titanium cover over the cages now to try to prevent a reoccurrence.
Most safety rules are put into place because of a serious injury or fatality, but with the exception of driving straight into a wall while not buckled, they were all freak one of a kind incidents that never happened before or since.
What if she happened to have the belt push against her chest upon impact between heartbeats causing cardiac arrest? Kids that play ball sports wear a heart guard to prevent that because it's a more common than you think injury. What are you going to do or learn besides it was a freak accident? How do you prevent it? Unfortunately there is a little girl that died, but there might be nothing to learn from it
Ten5TireDad

Postby RNorton » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:36 pm

I will not carry this conversation on with you, suffice to say I am very glad you are not in charge of safety regulations or research.
RNorton

Postby WOLFRACING » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:39 pm

RNorton wrote:I beg to differ, we've learned a lot from fatalities caused by one off incidences such as Scott Kalitta, Eric Medlin and Dale Earnhardt.

How many lives were saved by the loss and aftermath of these three people?

I'll bite. How many?

How many jr dragster deaths in the last 10 years could have been prevented?
WOLFRACING

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion Board