Raceway Park Done Drag Racing

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Raceway Park Done Drag Racing

Postby CTS31314 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 am

Sad to read the closing of the Drag Racing portion of the Englishtown Raceway Park ending for the 2018 season. I know it had to be difficult for the Napp family to have to make that decision to stay in business, but the loss is still very hard to read.

The family and the track that started this great sport of Junior Drag Racing, I would personally like to thank them for the groundwork for the great programs that we all get to have with our families to share memorable weekends together.

http://www.racewaypark.com
National Trail Raceway
Hebron, OH
MWJSS JEGS Jr. Drags Buckeye Open (June 30 - July 2, 2017)
NHRA Junior Dragster Challenge (Sunday, June 18th, 2017)
CTS31314

Re: Raceway Park Done Drag Racing

Postby mouth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm

With Englishtown being our home track and one of the premier tracks with a separate 1/8 mile track just for the jr dragsters it is a huge loss for drag racing it's a pretty sad day for alot of people in Nj and the tri state area
mouth

Postby jrdragstermom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:15 pm

Anonymous source has said that they shed the only revenue drain on the business. All other activities and events have been supplementing the drag racing loses. Another icon falls victim to big money racing. Sad.
jrdragstermom

Postby L5 RACING » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm

So did they chose to close drag racing because it cost the most or what. I'm trying to understand why everything else is continuing to go as planned.
Let's go fast and be safe at it. Thanks to Ken Dabney, TintMaster, Mike George, Wayne Thornton and Thornton Motorsports for all there help guiding me into this new sport.
L5 RACING

Postby jrdragstermom » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:55 am

if a business has different profit centers like Raceway Park has, you close the losing center thus increasing your profits.
jrdragstermom

Postby L5 RACING » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:20 am

Man this just sucks. I've been sad every since I heard this info. I couldn't imagine a race track near me closing up. I know people were saying they were open way more then our Va tracks. Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. The track looked awesome how they had the Jr 1/8 mile track alone. 2 events could go on at the same time. I hope they changed there mind later.
Let's go fast and be safe at it. Thanks to Ken Dabney, TintMaster, Mike George, Wayne Thornton and Thornton Motorsports for all there help guiding me into this new sport.
L5 RACING

Postby Pool Man » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

Always sad to hear of a track closing no matter the reason. To many tracks going out of business.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Return to Discussion Board