MSD service?

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

MSD service?

Postby poissant » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:10 am

Anybody here got there MSD box repaired? As a result of my last on track adventure, we have determined that our MSD7AL3 unit went bad. So I am sending it in for repairs. Folks at MSD told me where to ship and that the repairs would be anywhere from $55 to $260. I was asked for a credit card to be used for payment. I asked if they would contact me before making the repairs, they said no the repairs will be done,the card charged and the unit shipped back. I can check on the status of the repair by using a assigned tracking number they gave me. If it's deemed that they can't repair the unit they will just box it up and return it.....Don't know if this a function of their Chapter 11 filing or if they have always done their repairs this way????
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby Pool Man » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:35 pm

I think we have only sent a couple in to them. Every time they would send it back and say they found nothing wrong. But, for some reason they always worked when we got them back. I do not recall having to give them a card number prior to however.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Re:

Postby forxlr8n » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:20 am

Pool Man wrote:I think we have only sent a couple in to them. Every time they would send it back and say they found nothing wrong. But, for some reason they always worked when we got them back. I do not recall having to give them a card number prior to however.

I've known others that this has been the case with, but I don't think this is the norm now though.
forxlr8n

Re: MSD service?

Postby bigdaddy4026 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:04 pm

mr gary why dont you just go ride to see ronnie and he can test it.

he is right on the westbank

he prob can send it off for you too

http://performanceignition.com/
As long as the kids are having fun thats all that matters!!!! Aaron Knight

7 years, 5 runner up track championships finally 2013 No Problem Raceway track champ!

2013 IHRA Jr team finals Masters winner at SCR
bigdaddy4026

Postby poissant » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Aaron, this is an old post, I am past this problem and on to others. LOL. There was definitely something wrong with the box, sent it in and they fixed the issues I had. I did go to Mr. Ronnie's on the west bank to test out my MSD dist. & coil to eliminate that from the mix. This problem turned out to be a bad ground wire connection. It's always something with these thing. I feel like when I just started Jr's and learning the things to check on the car as a normal part of my routine. :)
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby bigdaddy4026 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 pm

smiley-lol sorry i read the other post too i figured it was a ground/ conection but didnt know were to tell you to look smiley-lol on a production car i can look at a scematic and say start here or start there

race cars are a different breed everyone does things different smiley-censored
As long as the kids are having fun thats all that matters!!!! Aaron Knight

7 years, 5 runner up track championships finally 2013 No Problem Raceway track champ!

2013 IHRA Jr team finals Masters winner at SCR
bigdaddy4026

Postby poissant » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 pm

That was the problem with this one. I didn't wire the car so where this wire was ground I would have never looked for. I have since changed its location.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Return to Discussion Board