Gearing

Technical Assistance for Super Pro and other non-junior related Drag Racing Classes

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Postby Pool Man » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm glad you found your way. I hope you guys will continue to visit. There a lot of jr folks like myself and Gary that need pleny of help with these things. Been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time since i fooled with a big car. Thanks for teh hlep.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby 3dracing » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:08 am

Gary, a 509 with a 390 gear will work fine. We have a 540 with a 390 gear it just turns a little less rpm. Are you using a quarter inch stroke to get a 509 or ding it with bore and a 4 inch stroke? The most important thing is when ordering a converter be sure they ask about all the questions about motor, cam, tire size,carb, everyting about your combo. They should match your converter to your application. Don't just try to order an off the shelf converter.

Steve
*3dracing*
3dracing

Postby poissant » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Steve,
Truthfully I'm still trying to figure out what kind of engine(size) I should be looking for. I think I will start a separate post about our car and what I should be looking for. This is Ron's gear post! smiley-lol
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Previous

Return to Tech Talk