Big cars for Dummies!!!!

Technical Assistance for Super Pro and other non-junior related Drag Racing Classes

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Postby TS403C » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:57 pm

Over the years of using delay boxes. my best experience has been with the K&R Pro Cube. Large display and easy to use. I have been running the IHRA Top Sportsman class so no throttle stop knowledge. But my best friend uses the TS6 co2 controlled for his Quick Rod car. And he and I were both runner-ups here at the last divisional in Texas. He likes the co2 model because you can control the rate of speed of the throttle stop blades.

Harold Snyder
IHRA T/S #43

PS I won the 2007 IHRA Top Sportsman Texas Amalie Oil nationals.
Just giving myself a pat on the back. smiley-cool
Harold Snyder
Austin, Texas
IHRA Top Sportsman #403C finished #4 in 2008 and
crew chief for my son's 7.90 car #4165
2011 IHRA JR Masters 7.90 Div.4 Champion
2013 SWJDS 12-17 Age Group Champion
TS403C

Postby Pool Man » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:05 am

And a well deserved pat i might add. Great accomplishment. We also run the K&R Pro Cube.

We run the butterflies in all the barrels. Run the stop on co2 also.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby poissant » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:36 am

Ok while we are on the topic of CO2 bottles. I was thinking the way to go would be electric. So I wouldn't have to worry about refiling CO2 bottles and such. But are their drawbacks to a electic system that I am not seeing?
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby 3dracing » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:15 am

First if you will go back and read my post, I was not talking about wiring a delay box they all have the same outputs so they wire about the same. K&R makes a wiring kit for the complete car. It is very simple to use and if you have a bare chassis it is IMHO the best thing out there. All the wire a labled and it is written on the wire so it meets NHRA's rule about wires being labled. Gary I would look at diffderent delay boxes in cars at the track and see which one you liked the best. We use a 10 oz. C02 bottle and it lasts a long time. I have a couple spares in the trailer and we go to a air supply and get a big CO2 bottle and just pressurize ours with it. Ron what are you talking about the butterflies? An electric stop takes I think a #10 wire and is a bigger load than I want.

Steve
*3dracing*
3dracing

Postby poissant » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:56 am

Steve,
Thanks, I looked at the K&R wiring kit on their website and it does look like a real nice wiring kit and that's something I certainly will look into. As for delay boxes, yeah I have been looking both at the track and just shopping around on the net. For the most part I think we will be racing non trottle stop type racing locally but I am looking for a good reliable electonics box for the times we want to do some delay box racing. Price of course is always a factor as well as reliablity in my book. That's why I come here and try to pick the brains of some of you guys already out there doing this stuff. So I appreciate all the suggestions and help! Also thanks on the CO2 info, makes sense on lessening the load.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby 3dracing » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:37 am

If your looking at cost I don't think you can beat the Lightning from Dedenbear for what it will do.

Steve
*3dracing*
3dracing

Postby Pool Man » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:26 pm

Steve, i was referring to the butterflies for the throttle stop.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby 3dracing » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:54 am

OK thank you Mr. Ron.

Steve
*3dracing*
3dracing

Previous

Return to Tech Talk