1st out today

Technical Assistance for Super Pro and other non-junior related Drag Racing Classes

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

1st out today

Postby akilgore » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:28 pm

first of all ive did most of this myself with the help of jrdragsterplus

the car is a 12.90 alky engine (heavy mild steel car0
clements head and 28mm carb

anyway first pass it ran 12.40@52 mph with a 2.84 60 foot

2nd pass

11.10@56 mph untuned then the carb started loading up and alky coming out the side , so i got to take the carb apart and cleaner good.. but over all i was happy alot of people didnt think the comet TAV would work and i am happy as ****..LOL
akilgore

Postby Steve from Pa » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:59 pm

Cool did you get a new slide, or did you find something else to get the idle down?
I don't think anyone said the TAV clutch won't work, I believe the concern is the TAVs consistency and adjustability.

....looks like you have some slowing down to do though

I think this post is in the wrong area, you may want to move it out of the Super Pro Tech
sportsmanship, fun, and family.....don't get any better than that.

check out the best kept secret in junior dragsters http://www.juniorspecialties.com/
Steve from Pa

Postby akilgore » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:02 pm

i used the same slide ,but i changed the stall to 3600

also i had problems with the headr bolts coming loose each run, so i made sure i tighten them each time
akilgore

Postby Steve from Pa » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:56 pm

Did you ever get a new header?

I had some things come up and forgot to do a real good look before, but I did run across a couple this past week end.

One thing that I found that works well for headers are get two 1/4" X 1 1/2" long, set screws, and two of the long all thread nuts(the wrench size ids normally 3/8 instead of 7/16, and a small O.D. metric washers (similar to the SAE washers).
Steve
sportsmanship, fun, and family.....don't get any better than that.

check out the best kept secret in junior dragsters http://www.juniorspecialties.com/
Steve from Pa

Postby akilgore » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:12 pm

yes i got a new header maybe thats what changed the rpm the ohter header was cracked etc..
akilgore

Return to Tech Talk