10 different drivers!!!

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, chili man

10 different drivers!!!

Postby jtracr » Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 pm

Well just over 2 years ago I bought a busa powered Jr comp car for my son's girlfriend to drive. The idea was to run it for the 2016 season then sell it, I already had two others and by the end of 2016 I had no kids of my own of age to drive in Jr comp. Well 2017 came around and we just strated putting kids in it just to keep the wheels spinning. We put another new kid in the seat this past weekend making that the 10th different driver in it since I have owned it. That includes myself running it in summit pro category and Ron Capps daughter driving it too!

So I would have to say that I have mixed emotions about selling it? I guess if it sells great, if not let's see how many more drivers we can put in the seat? Does anyone have a Jr that they can say they have had 10 different drivers in 2+ years? Kinda a cool thing.
Team "sibling Rivalry"
Samie Retired
Justin JC 7924
Stephanie Retired
NOW RACERS!
Caden 7924
Carlie 7927
Lucas oil team
jtracr

Re: 10 different drivers!!!

Postby Pool Man » Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 am

Keep putting new drivers in it. You help keep the sport alive by gaining interest, you obviously enjoy doing it and those that are in the seat must enjoy it.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Re: 10 different drivers!!!

Postby jtracr » Sun May 13, 2018 7:34 pm

Well for now the plan is to keep the car and running it. Until the $$$ runs out we intend on putting more and more drivers in it. We have talked about organizing a Jr/Jr comp school to promote both groups. With running 25-30 events of our own races we seem to never find enough time to set this up. It seems about every 4th event out we are training someone new so I guess we are actually running a school every month!

I have had the help of a lot of friends, families, and sponsors to keep things rolling. This whole Jr world is a great sport. I figure we have gotten a lot out of it. So when we get the opportunity to give back I am all in.
Team "sibling Rivalry"
Samie Retired
Justin JC 7924
Stephanie Retired
NOW RACERS!
Caden 7924
Carlie 7927
Lucas oil team
jtracr

Return to Discussion Board