Peditor Engine

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Peditor Engine

Postby skipper » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm

Any one run the Preditor engine on there jrs. Our track is ok with running the motor, it has no sanctioned events.

What all needs to be done, I would think remove governor, will carb work and is rod ok.

Got a buddy bought a jr for his daughter and she is able to go 8.90 but wants to start her out on slower motor for a while.
skipper

Re: Peditor Engine

Postby jtracr » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:15 pm

My concern would be the rod for sure. They put the governor to keep the RPMs low due to they run a cast aluminum rod. On gocart application they work ok. You might try and set it up like Arlen did with his LO206 beginner car, put a chain driven gocart clutch and leave the governor. It would get their feet wet and go from there.

15 years ago I bought a gas raptor from Jegs that was their Jr starter motor. It ran 16 sec range and worked well. After 3-4 events my daughter wanted to go faster. I put a 94ss cam, alky Tilly carb, and billet flywheel. It worked great for 3-4 passes BUT then the rod broke distroying everything! So all together the motor had only 25 or so passes from NEW! We spun it 6800-7000 rpms, not crazy high BUT too high for a cast rod.
Team "sibling Rivalry"
Samie Retired
Justin JC 7924
Stephanie Retired
NOW RACERS!
Caden 7924
Carlie 7927
Lucas oil team
jtracr

Postby Ten5TireDad » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:35 pm

skipper wrote: Our track is ok with running the motor, it has no sanctioned events.

Regardless of hosting a "sanctioned" event or not, if the track is either NHRA or IHRA "sanctioned" that's not an approved engine. Aren't tracks supposed to follow the basic rules set by the sanctioning body?
Plenty of legal used Raptors and 206 engines for a reasonable price
Ten5TireDad

Postby Tylersdad86 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Ten5TireDad wrote:
skipper wrote: Our track is ok with running the motor, it has no sanctioned events.

Regardless of hosting a "sanctioned" event or not, if the track is either NHRA or IHRA "sanctioned" that's not an approved engine. Aren't tracks supposed to follow the basic rules set by the sanctioning body?
Plenty of legal used Raptors and 206 engines for a reasonable price

Not all tracks are NHRA or IHRA and so not being sanctioned you dont have to follow the stupid motor rules that those 2 governing bodies were given money to approve. Our old track before going IHRA was an outlaw track and we had kids on go-karts, predator motors not running all that fast but we had a bunch of kids out having fun and learning about drag racing. Dont ever remember them having any issues with safety and the motors being used ran decently consistent. So maybe this guy is running at an outlaw track with no sanctioning body?
Tylersdad86

Postby Ten5TireDad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 pm

That's why I said if it is a sanctioned track. Since it was posted they don't host any events it would make you think it is?
Ten5TireDad

Postby Tylersdad86 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:58 pm

Ten5TireDad wrote:That's why I said if it is a sanctioned track. Since it was posted they don't host any events it would make you think it is?

Most likely means to me they aren’t sanctioned at all. Maybe he will come and iron that out for us but I would think if no sanctioned events happen that it’s not IHRA or NHrA so the engine is perfectly fine for him. I kind of wished ours would have stayed non and we could have used a regular go kart engine to get seat time instead of having to spend a small fortune on “sanctioned” only motors
Tylersdad86

Return to Tech Talk